On Saturday, September 16th we’ll be hosting the first annual ‘Bring It Home’ Harvest Festival at the Historic Brougham Community Hall. Bring a friend (or two, or three) and join in the fun!
The growing line-up…
- Fresh sweet corn generously provided by Reesor’s Farm Market;
- Locally-sourced peameal-on-a-bun from The Meat Merchant;
- Vegetarian chili chockful of local veggies and lovingly prepared by Nourished & Co.;
- Juicy Macintosh apples straight from Apples of Glasgow for you to savour;
- Bake sale of homemade goodies including scrumptious butter tarts from Hy Hope Farm;
- Live music from talented local musicians including, Peter Byberg, Jan Hanko, Kirt Davies, our own Reid Willamson, and special guest Anne Walker;
- The Leaf Project supporting The Latcham Gallery’s Canada 150 Project;
- Children’s activities hosted by Building Blocks Learning Centre and featuring mini pumpkins from Whittamore’s Farm;
- Beautiful products for sale from local vendors including Willowtree Farms, Trees by Reid, Spahket, Edith Lewis, Dave Haughton, and Margaret Seaton;
- The official launch of our new ‘North Pickering Farms’ maps created by our artist-in-residence Heather Rigby;
- And, a perennial plant sale perfectly timed for the Fall gardening season with contributions from our local supporters and Green It Up of Claremont!
Important Event Information:
*Brougham doesn’t have a bank or ATM. Please be sure to bring cash, preferably small change.
**Please bring your own water bottle to help us reduce waste produced by the event.
***Let us know you’re coming on September 16 by clicking “Going” on our Facebook Event Page. And don’t forget to share widely!!
We are indebted to our Community Partners for their ongoing support: Sustain Ontario, Food & Water First, Green Connections Network, The Second Wedge Brewing Company, Joyfully Organic Farm, and Remediation Worx Environmental Services.
Other questions? Please send us a note at email@example.com. See you soon!