There are many ways you can get involved and help oppose the irresponsible plan to put an airport and economic development on our best foodland. Choose from the categories below or get in touch with us directly and find out more, including how to become a volunteer.Email: email@example.com
Thank you for your help and support!
Yes, I support Land Over Landings’ advocacy for farmland preservation
New federal government, so new House of Commons petition.
Preparations are in hand to produce an easy-to-use, electronic version this time around. Stay tuned. Shouldn’t be long before it’s available.
There are several ways to be heard
- You can phone your Member of Parliament and state your opposition to this plan.
- You can email:
- Hon. Marc Garneau, Federal Minister of Transport
- Hon. Doug Ford, Premier of Ontario
- Hon. Ernie Hardeman, Ontario Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Hon. Rod Phillips, Ontario Minister of Environment, Conservation and Parks
- John Henry, Durham Regional Chair
- Dave Ryan, Mayor, City of Pickering
- You can also write letters to:
- the Prime Minister
- your MP
- other MPs (in particular, Ministers and critics responsible for Transport, Finance, the Environment and Climate Change, and Agriculture)
Put pen to paper or fingers to keys
Write letters or comment online whenever articles or blogs promote an airport or other development on north Pickering’s prime farmland.
The news media, as well as their audiences, need to hear that there’s another side to the story, and that protecting farmland — the land that feeds us — is crucial in this age of unprecedented population growth and climate change.
Tip: Short letters are always more likely to be printed.
Show your support!
Copies of the North Pickering Farms map are available for purchase in 24″ x 36″ poster size or as 11″ x 17″ laminated placemats.
Posters are $20 each with pick-up locations in Markham or Claremont. We can ship your poster to you (within Canada) at an additional cost of $15.
Laminated placemats are $7 each, or 4 for $25. You can pick them up in Markham or Claremont.
Drop us a line HERE if you’d like to place an order.